Thursday, November 19, 2015

Transmetropolitan Review

So I tried to read the Transmetropolitan today and I think this is an interesting comic to read. For sure this comic is different than what I read so far. I guess the idea of cyberpunk itself is quite new to me and it is quite refreshing reading this comic.

Throughout the story that I read so far, it seems that there are some symbols that are being portrayed in this comic. The more apparent is the new culture of merging the alien body into human body. I believe it symbolized the new culture that are starting to happen and the effect of those new culture is the banishment in the society. That is why we can see how a lot of people started to protest to demand an equality for their future. It is somewhat similar to what really happen in our society where in the beginning we can see a social segregation between a white people and a black, African American society. Forgive me if I’m wrong but as far as I remember, there are time where the African American are considered a low society that they are at the brink of being driven away by the white people society that make them feel that the society needs to changed and need to able to embrace them as equal. I guess that is what the artist tries to symbolize in this comic. Although the personification in this comic seems bizarre, but the reaction that we gave in this comic is awfully similar to the reaction that we sees where there is social segregation.

For me, I can see the connection between I and the comic because that is what I feel coming to Florida for the first time. Being an Asian kid in a pretty small city in Florida. It feels that I was being watched with these weird eyes. maybe I am just being paranoid but it is just what I feel for some reason, maybe because people here hardly sees Asian or other races because when I come here in Florida, all I can see is white people everywhere. It is so different when I was in Seattle where the society there are pretty diverse. However, as I come to Florida, everything seems different and I guess that is the reason I got this weird feeling.


Pretty much, I feel that this is quite an interesting comic to read. It is unique and I think it can be benefited from the indie cartoon. I feel that we hardly get any cyberpunk cartoon style and I think this can be potentially be a quite successful. If the artist decided to retain the style. I really like the style in this comic. It is grungy, dark, and appealing in a weird way. I’m not sure what kind of changes that needs to be done because this is quite an interesting story and art style, so I hope if this is brought to another medium like the animation, I really hope that the style remains dark, and stylistic. I was imagining a combination of 2d and 3d, what I mean is like the 3d animation in a form of 2d style. It seems that style has been quite popular in nowadays. If we sees the walking dead games by tale tell games, we can see how cleverly the production team combine the 2d style in a 3d world.  That Is the style that I imagined to be for this comic. I think it will be quite an interesting piece to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment