Friday, November 27, 2015

WEB COMICS reading

To be honest, when I saw about the topics, web comics, I feel that I don’t really know much about this topic it is because I spend most of my reading comics on the web and I guess it makes it harder to differentiate the comics that are from the web comics or from the scanned comics for me. So I decided to give it a try from some of the recommended list and see if it piques my interest


For this week comic, I decided to read a web comics that are not from the recommended list as I find some of the list of the web comics are either too serious or to distant that it is impossible for me to relate. However, as I browse through a comic website, I stumble into this particular web comic by Sarah Andersen called Sarah Scribble. For some reason I find this comic is really relatable to me even though I am a male, and some of the context of this web comics are about the girl’s problem, however, other than the girl context, I find this comics is really funny and very relatable as I also had that problem.  



Here is the link of her web comics:

Sarah scribble revolves around the artist life, Sarah. Mostly it tells about how she behave in the society and what is inside her mind as an awkward person. Some of the context that are portrayed in her web comics are her problem as a girl,  some of it are her relationship with her boyfriend and some of it are just her depiction of her quirky behavior. Although her girl problems that are depicted in this comics might not be relatable to me, her reaction towards the problem itself gives me a chuckle every time I read the comics. Other than that, because it is just a humor web comic, it doesn’t continue for a period of time which makes it easier to follow or to read. Aside from the context, I find that her style of drawing is really cute and interesting as it is simple and yet it depicts the awkward behavior really well I must say. I guess, that is the advantage of creating a comedic web comics as you don’t rely on beautiful drawings or intricate style, as long as you portray the character really well, you can make it as simple as possible, even better, I think the simpler the drawing the better the outcome as the reader can see themselves in the comics. it reminded me of the lesson that I read from Scott McCloud’s book on understanding the comics. it is said that the simpler the drawing or the more ambiguous it is the more the reader can relate as they can see their own life being portrayed into the comics.

Other than the comics from Sarah Andersen, I really enjoy the web comics from Domics. It falls into the same comedy genre, but Domics is all about a pun comics which makes it really an interesting comic to read. moreover, i do like cheesy pun and that is why i really enjoys his comics. He also animate and puts his animations on Youtube and his video also is a mix of his cheesy pun jokes and also his relationship and his other job’s life which make it an interesting video to watch as well.





Here is the link of his work

Overall, I think this is the web comics that I really enjoy so far. it is interesting, funny, and easy to read which makes it an enjoyable web comics. i might be new to this genre but I hope I can find other web comics that are funny and easy to read.



Again I’m really sorry if I didn’t really read and review the web comics from the recommended list as for some reason I couldn’t connect or sympathize with the comic at all which makes it harder for me to give a review. I tried to read some of the works but for some reason it still didn’t really clique for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment